New Buffalo Savings Bank
A community Bank with over 90 years of experience in the industry; seeking qualified candidates who are committed to achieving the company’s mission with core values centered on Trust.
New Buffalo Savings Bank will do business in such a way that we are worthy of the customer’s trust. We do this by engaging team members who are committed to their customer’s success who focus on growing, developing, and expanding customer relationships and supplying customer service that exceeds expectations in the communities in which we serve.
Position 1 – Loan Originations
· Attracts new mortgage loan applications by developing relationships within the community, specifically with the real estate community; making sales calls to prospective customers.
· Prepares loan application, communicates with applicant on loan progress, and follows through with loan processor through loan completion.
· Refers loan applicants to retail department products.
· Represent the bank and generates new business by actively participating in local community and business activities. Networking with local organization to attract new loan application.
· Connects very quickly to clients; builds and leverages client relationships to get the job done.
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong sense of urgency and initiative to get things done.
· Ambitious professional who is self motivated.
· Competitive base wage plus commission.
· Company paid licensing, continuing education, and annual state/NMLS renewals.
· Heavy ratio of processing to sales; allowing our Bankers to focus on selling, not processing!
· Complete benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401K
· Paid time off
Position 2 – Operations Manager – BSA/ AML Officer
- Oversees administration and operations of the Savings Bank with responsibilities across multiple departments and systems and as the Bank’s BSA/AML Officer, will prepare and monitor procedures in compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act.
- Offers support for branch management, customer service and teller operations
- Delivers customer service assistance when appropriate.
- Provides input to the development of product strategy and research and development of new products.
- Develops budgets and cost controls.
- Provides guidance regarding personnel requirements, material needs, subcontract requirements and facility and equipment needs.
- Performs administrative duties with the effective management of operations, including compiling, storing, and retrieving data for reports.
- Responsible for maintenance, use and management of operations systems including ATMs, online and mobile banking.
- Evaluates and determines training on operations and assists with retail training with supervisor
- Develops and periodically review and update the Bank’s BSA / AML policies and procedures, to ensure compliance with applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
- Coordinate with federal and/or state regulatory agency examiners during examinations. Furnish examiners with requested information. Coordinate with the internal and independent auditors to ensure that BSA / AML issues are adequately addressed where appropriate.
- Prepare and present periodic reports.
- Prepares and reports on SARs filed with FinCEN, CTRs and OFAC to the Compliance Officers and periodically to the Board of Directors.
- Complies, monitors and reports fraudulent and suspicious activities to the BSA / AML Officer.
- Performs other related duties as requested or assigned.
- Complies with all NBSB polices and procedures.
- Abides by all Federal, State and Local Laws.
· Minimum Education: Associates degree in Business Administration or related field
· Preferred Experience: 5 – 7 years in Banking Industry with BSA / AML or responsibilities equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems time efficiently; Gathers and analyzes information; Develops solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively; Listens and gets clarification when necessary; Responds informatively to questions. Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings. Ability to actively engage in conversation with clients and customers.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and concisely; Edits work; Varies writing style to meet specific needs; Presents data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Knowledge – Deposit and small business products. Industry and regulatory compliance practices.
· Knowledge of BSA, OFAC, USA Patriot Act and related regulations.
· High level of knowledge concerning BSA / AML regulation.
- Occasionally required to sit.
- Frequently required to stand
- Frequently required to walk
- Frequently required to use hands, fingers, handle, or feel.
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms
- Occasionally required to bend, lift or climb
- Occasionally required to lift light weights (less than 25 pounds)
- Occasionally required to lift moderate weights (25-50 pounds)
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include: close vision
- The noise level in the work environment usually is moderate.
- Position must travel to other bank locations and ATM. This position is required to travel up to 50%, branch runs, training, program updates, etc.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NBSB is an equal opportunity employer.